Join Our Team
Work With Us !
Are you passionate about art, education, community engagement? Do you live, work and/or play in Mississauga and have a particular connection with the arts? Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of particular interest are candidates with committee, volunteer and/or board experience; also Communications/PR, Legal, HR, Events. The AGM encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of the Gallery’s and Mississauga’s communities.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Application Deadline June 19, 2021
Gallery Operations Manager
The Art Gallery of Mississauga is looking for a Gallery Operations Manager to maintain information systems and internal gallery procedures. Applicants will play a fundamental role in the efficient and professional running of the Gallery, as well as its operational effectiveness through facilities management, member management and general guidance of business operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain information systems and internal procedures to ensure staff and contractors have access to all required documentation. Staff and contractors are aware of internal and external practices and deadlines including gallery exhibition and programming schedule, granting agencies and community partners requirements, HR policies/procedures, statutory requirements and any applicable budgetary guidelines
- Assist with collection of statistical data required for all grant and annual reporting; upload information to CADAC
- Ensure compliance with grantors, employment regulations, COVID-19 protocols
- Liaise with the City of Mississauga representatives regarding facilities management including: security protocols/access, premises upgrades, heating, a/c, lighting, furniture, IT and city owned equipment
- Coordinate administrative procedures to ensure required documentation is current and accessible, including but not limited to: all artist, employee and third-party contracts, insurance policies, equipment and rental contracts, City agreements, location of AGM owned equipment, Board Minutes, Human resource documentation, health and safety requirements and the database for all passwords to social media accounts, grantee organizations, CADAC, and AGM computers
- Membership program coordination including renewals and billing – ensure all fees are received and processed and along with any donations/cheques, deposited and credited properly to the AGM
- Assist ED and staff as required with exhibition development/scheduling, marketing plans, annual art auction and Annual General Meeting
- Assist as required with annual audit and any audits/information requested by funders
- Maintain records of visitors
- Assist with fundraising projects, as requested; take an active role in identifying potential donors and sponsors
Experience and Skills required:
Positive and personable with a high level of professionalism, tact; effective communications skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Outlook, and presentation software; knowledge of Constant Contacts and Past Perfect and asset
- Experience and comfort level with data bases, spreadsheets, using online applications, email communications systems, cloud based drives and importing and exporting data base information via spreadsheets
- Experience or aptitude for reading and interpreting financial statements, managing invoices, and ensuring proper filing
- Experience working with third party contractors, facility management and member services
- An aptitude for assessing and improving processes and workflows
- Organized, attention to detail and ability to evolve and learn with changing priorities and scope
The position requires a commitment of 28 hours per week and would require availability onsite during AGM hours with the flexibility of non-traditional hours around engagement opportunities, events and programming. The position is a one year contract with potential for extension.
The AGM welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and encourages submissions from groups that are typically underrepresented in institutional spaces, including racialized and Indigenous individuals, LGBTQ2S+ identifying individuals, francophone individuals, and persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GALLERY OPERATIONS MANAGER by 5:00pm Friday June 18, 2021.
ABOUT THE GALLERY
The Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM) is a public, not-for-profit, art gallery that was founded in 1987, opening its doors in the new Mississauga Civic Centre that same year. The AGM presents a changing calendar of contemporary, thought-provoking, engaging and accessible exhibitions featuring regional, national and international artists. We thrive alongside long-time partners and welcome new collaborators to always be presenting and encouraging those artists that are established, new and upcoming.
The Art Gallery of Mississauga is a guest upon the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit. This ancient land is part of the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional homelands of the Anishinaabe, Wendat, and Haudenosaunee nations
Online and in person
Call for Workshop Facilitators
It’s a new year and we’re excited to be bringing you new workshops! We are currently looking for workshop proposals in all artistic mediums.
Workshops will be online and in person (once permitted).
Artist Facilitators will be paid a standard fee as per CARFAC guidelines for their services.
Send your proposals to: email@example.com
We look forward to the coming year and sharing more stories through art!
300 City Centre Drive
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
Free Admission | Donations Appreciated
Charitable #11904 3586 RR 0001
**The Art Gallery of Mississauga is temporarily closed**
Tuesday - Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturdays: 12pm – 4pm
Sunday, Monday & Holidays: Closed
Be In the Know...
Want to be in the know? Sign up to get AGM news right to your inbox
Subscribe for AGM Updates & Newsletter
The Art Gallery of Mississauga is a guest upon the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit. This ancient land is part of the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional homelands of the Anishinaabe, Wendat, and Haudenosaunee nations.